Video isn’t just for vacations anymore.
We have noted a number of companies have had real success using video on their website and connecting it to YouTube. The use and effectiveness is evident when you walk a trade show, or receive links in your e-mail to something of interest.
New video usage supports the old adage, “a picture is worth 1,000 words”. We have found it particularly effective in highlighting a product or service benefit that can easily get lost or overlooked in copy.
There is definitely a continuing expansion of users embracing video. Some recent stats we found are:
• 100,000,000 videos are viewed per day. (This is old data - it is probably well over that today.)
• The average video length – 2 ¾ minutes.
• There are over 40 million videos on YouTube.
• Video is now 10% of mobile usage.
• YouTube pays $1M per day to buy bandwidth.
As video use grows, there are a number of issues marketers should consider.
1. Is my competition using video to highlight their “advantages”?
2. Have I optimized my heading words and phrases to drive results?
3. Do I need to highlight features and benefits of my products?
4. Video can increase website usage and organic positioning.
5. Videos can speak in numerous languages.
6. Video helps establish and maintain your brand in the digital world.
7. Video can enhance your social media programs.
8. It can become an integral piece of a marketing/branding campaign.
Jaap-Orr has won 9 Tellys for video and multimedia. We understand the importance of engaging your customers and building your brand in a digital environment.
Let’s discuss how we can put energy in your marketing.
Call us at 513-241-2228 or e-mail Steve@jaap-orr.com.